Heavy Duty Products: Non-Steer Rigid Axles
The standard axle system offers a tremendous competitive advantage for the trailer market. With the lightest weights on the market, the standard axle reduces weights by up to 10 lbs. compared with any competitor. Available in 20,000 to 45,000 lbs. capacities, the standard axle system is ideal for dry freight vans, tankers, aluminum dumps and platforms.
Dexter produces a complete line of lightweight, versatile, high performance axle and braking systems that can be ordered with a variety of styles and options.
Available in 6", 8" or 9" to match every style of tanker, inverted, or drop center-required vehicle, Dexter's drop center axle provides greater clearance for drive shafts as well as dry bulk and tanker discharge pipes. It also makes assembly easier as a result of closer tolerances for air chamber mounting brackets.
Offering excellent strength and fatigue-resistance, the drop center axle has a capacity of 25,000 lbs. offering more load and greater flexibility. It is also available with Dexter's numerous FMVSS121 and CMVSS121 certified linings giving customers the flexibility of choice to suit their particular applications.
- 8" and 9" drop
- Heat treated, stress relieved and shot blasted seamless tubing
- Friction welded spindles - F22 (tapered) and F24 (parallel)
- Available with Dexter's numerous FMVSS121 and CMVSS121 certified linings
- Capacity to 25,000 lbs.
- When installed as a drop; provides greater clearance for drive shafts
- When inverted; provides greater clearance for dry bulk and tanker discharge pipes
- Closer tolerances for air chamber mounting brackets - consistent position of brackets resulting in ease of assembly
- Produces excellent strength and fatigue resistance
- Flexibility of choice to suit application
- More load possible
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
Heavy Duty Products - Resources